Wednesday, March 27, 2013

As a Christian & As an American

Let me just say...

Let it be known that I am a Christian. 
Let it be known that as a Christian and God fearing woman I know how God stands on the issue of gay marriage or any immoral sexual behavior. (Romans Chapters 1-2)
Let it be known that although I know He says marriage is between a man and a woman, He does not hate gay people.
Let it be know that he is waiting with arms wide open willing to transform anyone that wants to be saved and changed.
Let it be known that I believe the legalization of gay marriage is a sign that Jesus' second coming is soon.
Let it be known that I do not agree with gay marriage being forced upon religious institutions that do not agree with it.
Let it be known that I find this whole thing an attack from the enemy on the Christian world right before Passover.
Let it be known that God has already given us the victory!
Let it be known that my personal views of gay marriage have nothing to do with what I am about to tell you next...
 

As an American,

Let it be known that it is unconstitutional for a marriage certificate to be recognized in one state and not recognized in another. (Equal Protection Clause)
Let it be known that is country was NOT founded on Christianity or any other religion.
Let it be known that the constitution clearly makes remarks about religion not being any part of lawmaking.
Let it be known that states have rights and that they should be able to chose whether or not to perform gay marriages in court.
Let it be known, that although states can chose not to perform a ceremony between two gay people, they still need to recognize the marriage certificate from another state.  IT IS THE LAW.
Let it be known, that someone getting married (gay or straight) in New York, Ogden, Salt Lake City, California, etc. does not affect my personal life in any way shape or form. 


End.

No comments:

Post a Comment

See in A Different Language